REGISTER HERE, and provide the child's name, age, and a phone number.
Last year, the event was a great success and this year Ives has expanded the program to promote fitness throughout the summer.
This year, recruits will be able to pick up a fitness pass book at their local library, community center or at Ives’ District Office. Recruits will use the pass book to track their fitness level over the summer by completing four fitness activities each week, which parents will sign off on in the passbook. Each completed week will be a raffle entry for prizes from local businesses. Parents are also encouraged to administer an optional initial fitness test at the beginning of the summer. On August 15, those who have taken the initial assessment will re-test and if a recruit shows a 20% improvement in their fitness level they will be entered into a grand raffle.
Children can join the contest and fun at any time over the summer or just show up to participate in the Boot Camp on August 15 at Cantigny Park.
At Ives’ Fitness and Health Boot Camp, recruits will participate in a variety of health and fitness events, including:
• Complete an Obstacle Course by FTX Crossfit
• Scale a Climbing Wall
• Participate in a Fitness Test
• Earn personalized, commemorative dog tags
• Receive BMI testing and learn safe stretching from Advanced Healthcare Associates
• Take part in basic First Aid Instruction from Cadence Health and Edward Hospital
• Participate in activities from FORWARD of DuPage County
• Receive samples of healthy snacks
• First aide provided by Superior Ambulance
Raffle Sponsors include:
• Eagle Martial Arts
• MOVES Dance Studio
• Sports Authority
• Sox tickets from Dan Proft, WLS-AM
• More to come!
Boot Camp is free and open to all who wish to attend.
To receive a set of commemorative dog tags, recruits must RSVP by August 10 to firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-384-1108.